Monday, March 11, 2024

Preview of coming attractions

 I realize some of my blog posts are quite random. Some of them are fluff that keeps the blog going while I work on other projects (like reading books to review). Today I'm giving you some blog topics to look forward to in the future. Ready?



Lately, I've been on a book-reviewing kick because it tends to work out well for views. Also, I like the books I'm reading and pick them myself. I will take suggestions for book reviews if you have any, though. At this time (I don't know when) I plan to review Alice In Wonderland and Jane Eyre. They are toward the end of my TBR and I'm not rushing to get there. I intend to enjoy the books I read. When I get there the review will show up. 

I also wanted to explain my process when it comes to reviewing books. Between both works, my hobbies, my novel writing, and life in general I do still have time to read. But I still have to keep in mind the size of the book and how much time I have to play with that day. I try to get the book finished quickly when I'm using it for blog content, though. Even so, it does take some time. 

Read-it-or-unhaul-it challenges are easier. Why? Because I expect to not finish some of the books. This challenge brings the free romances I impulsively downloaded into full view. What I picked up at a library sale and abandoned shows up in the unread options. I have no qualms with DNFing (Do Not Finish) a book while reading for this challenge. It is more than possible at least one will be a dud or leave my library for being only okay. 

I may or may not be going through my shelves because I am a book dragon who needs more space. That's right, I need help from more than the read-it-or-unhaul-it challenge. I can't find space for some of my books. I was inspired by the one shelf challenge from Emily Fox. If I decide to do this, it will show up on my blog. I may even show a before-and-after photo of my shelves. It'll be a shelf-by-shelf process. I intend to try out books before I donate them (unless they are, for real, unwanted). Should I decide to undertake this time-consuming task you'll see the before and after. 

Courtesy of jooinn.com


Bottom Line

Long story short, I intend to review two more books, do multiple read-it-or-unhaul-it challenges, and clean my bookshelves. If you have suggestions for books you want my review of, put them in the comments section for me to see. Cheers!


***********************************************************

I wrote a book! I am delighted to say that I have 5 five-star reviews up on Amazon now, which is amazing. I hope you like it, too. If you're interested in buying a paperback, hardcover, or ebook version go to my website link in this blog or click here to go straight to my Amazon page. 





Jack Thomas is running from a past case. He's hiding in Wrenville. Is his past case catching up with him? 

Find out in my first book, Wrenville, a stand-alone suspense novel.










No comments:

Post a Comment