A blog for writers writing everything from history to suspense. Wife, blogger, writer.
Deadpool Storyline Overview
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Deadpool is an immensely popular marvel antihero. If you haven't heard of him by now you live under a rock. While I was thinking about Loki, I figured we could dive into this guy's backstory for a bit. Ready to dive into the world of Deadpool?
Photo by Hulu
Deadpool is not a hero, but instead an antihero. His antics are quite violent and that disqualifies him from the hero category. That doesn't stop the public from loving him, which is where antiheroes come in. He can't die and has two voices that only he can hear in his head. There is no mental filter for his mouth (though his mouth was sewn shut at some point). He has all the strengths and none of the weaknesses of various marvel X-Men. His actual name is Wade Wilson.
What you might not know is that Deadpool has cancer. He undergoes a procedure that saves him and leaves him disfigured. His cancer can't die, yet it won't kill him. He can't die at all. He also gets his name from a bar, one that bets on which bar patron will die first. It fits perfectly. His suit is red so no one can see him bleed. Deadpool's history is a complicated one.
The Most Coherent Info I could Find
First of all, comics that involve X-Men get real complicated real quick. Normal Marvel gets complicated, too, so I may get something wrong. Please correct me if I do.
For some odd reason, Wade does not remember his childhood accurately. Allegedly his parents still live in Canada and kept his room for him. He didn't remember anything about that. At 17 he was briefly in the military. He became an assassin after that, was nursed to health by Wade and Mercedes Wilson, and ended up killing a bunch of people on a mission instead of just killing his target. He got close with Vanessa Carlyle before that incident.
After this bit of oddness, he joined the Weapon X program due to getting cancer. A few experiments later and he's cancer-free and super-powered. He can grow back entire body parts. He's an expert marksman and hand-to-hand combatant. He's also bilingual. Much like Loki, his violent antics and unbalanced mind make people want to kill him or generally highly dislike him. He's not loved.
He escapes hospice and frees other people. He goes back to killing people. He kidnapped Blind Al and failed to kill Cable. Other organizations wanted Wade's healing powers and none could get them. He had a few falling outs with others (an understatement, if you ask me). Thanos also cursed him with immortality after Deadpool fell in love with death (the character, not the concept). He at one point worked for SHIELD, Great Lakes Avengers (until Squirrel Girl kicked him out), the Avengers, and Nick Fury.
Plot twist, he has a daughter and married Shiklah Queen of the Undead! He was also used by the sleeper agent posing as Captain America to help Hydra take over. After all this stuff had happened, he put a bounty on his own head, challenging the whole marvel universe to kill him. But he's cursed with immortality, so obviously he didn't die. And that is Deadpool for you.
Ending Thoughts
Comics get complicated. What order do you read Deadpool's story in? I'll give you a link.
Truthfully, it might be easier to keep track of the storyline by reading it yourself. Keep in mind that he is rated R as a whole. You don't need to be reading this to young kids. But you knew that, I'm sure. All in all, he's the most out-of-control antihero ever recorded by Marvel.
Laurel and Hardy are a pair of comedians I grew up watching, despite the fact they were popular in the 1930s. My dad loves their work and that era of film. Today let's look at their history. You might learn something new. I know I did. Courtesy of Fanpop Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy didn't start out working together. Stan was more of a writer than an actor and Oliver was working as primarily an actor. Stan Laurel (Stan Jefferson) was the understudy to Charlie Chaplin in 1910. While working in Vaudeville he changed his last name to Laurel. He found success in 1920 while doing comedy, then went more into writing and directing. Hal Roach Studios signed him in 1925 and he was supposed to be more behind the camera than in front. Oliver Hardy (Norvell Hardy) took the name Oliver in tribute to his late father. He managed a movie theatre in 1913 and said "why not" to acting. He was in 200 short films for various studios. Hal Roach signed him in 1926. They began working t...
If you know me personally you know I'm not one to make a lot of eye contact. It's an intimate thing, even between friends. Let's talk about eye contact and what it really means to get eye contact. Courtesy of Glam Some people have issues with eye contact not being made. For those people, I'd say that you've not had much experience with introverts. (Don't say shy to an introvert, by the way.) Please don't label people who make less eye contact with flirting either (cough cough, elementary school). Maybe they just don't want the intimacy of making long periods of eye contact. It isn't an easy answer. While some people won't make eye contact while lying, others can look you straight in the eye and lie to you. It depends entirely on who you are talking to and their personality. Personality aside, eye contact means a lot. It can mean sexual attraction, hatred, lying, shame, and lots of other emotions that the body language attached will clarify. Add...
I'm a book dragon. I need help. I am now going through all the bookshelves to get the unwanted out and make space for new books. I only have so much space. This was overdue. Courtesy of Lithub.com Today you're reading what'll be a lot of work. I went through all the shelves one by one. I took out what I had doubts about and put it in two categories. One stack of books is the donate pile (which I did all at once). The other stack was what I gave a second chance to. The second chance pile will be addressed later in this post and given a star (1-5) review. Whatever stays will prove itself. The rest of it goes in the donation stack. Some shelves did not change and won't change because they are my Nancy Drew collection or didn't have any books leave the shelf. The Process This took some time. I started with my bedroom bookshelves, then made my way into the living room bookshelves. Many of these shelves won't change much. I'm working from the most chaotic to t...
Comments
Post a Comment